The Ostomy Raft is an easy-to-read, well-illustrated self-help book for people with bowel ostomies. Doctors and nurses are the experts on medical issues. But the more practical realities of daily life? Other ostomates are the go-to resource for those tips. Things like…
- Daily care & management of your ileostomy or colostomy
- Returning to normal activities, like sleeping, bathing, having sex, traveling, and going back to work
- What to eat and drink to keep things moving along happily
- When & how to manage problems at home, and when to go to the ER
- How to get poop stains out of a carpet
- Basically, how to get your life back!
Check out the ‘Look Inside’ feature at Amazon. It’ll give you a good idea of what the book is about.
What people are saying:
“… some of the best tips available for new and veteran ostomates.”
“After 30 years with an ostomy, I figured I knew it all. Joan’s book revealed new tips and tricks that even I hadn’t considered.”
“… helps ostomates gain control of their lives … Show your ostomy who’s boss!”